Firestone Diamonds is listed on the London Alternative Investment Market (AIM) and is a focused diamond mine developer – soon to join the short list of global diamond producers. In early 2014 raised a combination of debt and equity totalling US$222.4m to construct and develop the world class diamond deposit at Liqhobong in the Lesotho highlands. Project construction at Liqhobong remains on track, and importantly, within budget. Construction commenced in July 2014 and initial production is expected during Q4 2016. At full capacity the mine will look to produce one million carats per annum.
Highly qualified Board and management team
- Board of directors and senior management team have extensive project, construction and diamond mining experience
- Under the leadership of Firestone’s CEO, Stuart Brown, a very strong and knowledgeable leadership team has been assembled with a combined total of 265 years of mining industry experience.
Strong growth profile
- Target to treat 3.6 million tonnes of ore and recover 1 million carats per year at the Liqhobong Diamond Mine, where there also remains the pPotential for large and fancy yellow stones
- Firestone Diamonds is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
- We strive to maximise shareholder value in such a way that promotes a healthy and safe workplace for our 680 current employees but also a caring and supportive environment for the communities within which we operate.